Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend ramblings........

Hello all, the weekend has come and gone now.  It was a long 3 day weekend and we played outside a lot and I even set up the pool for the kids.  Also I bought mattresses for the bunk beds, and now my daughter is happily sleeping in her own bed again! :)  yay Caitlin!!

Holiday's are hard for me ever since being separated.  I don't know if that will ever change.  I hope so, but right now they are tough. 

Hand, foot, and mouth virus........huh?  Well my little boy may have it.  Headed to the drs office in the a.m. to find out for sure.  But it's spreading like wild fire at our daycare.  may be spending some days at home this week.....

Thanks for the holiday we were given yesterday & to celebrate our freedom.  I have quite a few friends who have served in the military and my relative Little "Joe" Barker was on the USS Arizona that went down in Pearl Harbor.  His body was never recovered, and according to my dad haunted Little Joe's parents til their own deaths.........I would like to go to the memorial someday to see his name on the wall.  I have visited the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC and that was very moving.  A day to remember for all those who have served.  When I was kid my parents drug me around to every local cemetary and told me who was buried where.  i can't recall now that I'm older, and NOW it means something to me.  And I think to myself I must get this down on paper before my parents get much older........



No comments:

Post a Comment